8 Types of People You Meet In University Seminars
Seminars bring out a particular crowd. You’ll recognise the following people each time.
1. The one that’s done all of the recommended reading.
Regardless of how well you think you’ve prepared for the seminar this time, they will always have something else up their sleeve.
2. The one that never speaks.
At least they show up though, right?
3. The one who brown-noses for a better grade.
They claim to have read everything your tutor has ever written in a desperate attempt to get a 1st.
4. The one who never turns up.
They turned up once at the start, and might turn up at the end of term in panic mode, but, aside from that, you’ll never see them.
5. The one who’s always hungover.
No matter what day or the time year, this person will always be holding down vomit at the back of the room.
6. The one who’s constantly panicked.
There’s always one person who is panicked about everything: from essays and exams to recommended reading. This person will often be seen diving off to the library immediately after the seminar has finished, thus making everybody else panic too.
7. The one who blags their way through the whole thing.
They may not have done the work, read the material or have any idea what the hell is going on, but they give it their best shot.
8. The one who’s always late.
You’d have thought when the seminar is nearly over that they’d just give up. But this person will always turn up, even if its only for 5 minutes at the end.