The 18 Stages of Going Back Home for the Holidays
There’s no place like home.
1. Nothing is better than reaching the end of a long semester
Time to kick back.
2. The end of term night out is what this whole semester has been leading up to
3. Followed by the mother of all hangovers when you have to travel the next day
And probably just make your train by two minutes.
4. You get home and have to unpack your life
How can moving clothes be so stressful?
5. But you’re quickly spoilt by your parents
Yeh, of course I could go for seconds.
6. And also message all of your friends
7. However, you quickly realise why you left in the first place
8. This means regressing into your former teenage self
9. You’re parents will ask you questions about your studies, employment and future prospects
10. And make you do everything around the house
11. There is no guarantee your friends will have the same holidays as you
So many days spent eating Cheerios in your pyjamas and watching Loose Women.
12. However, there will be at least one, magical week where everyone is home at the same time
13. And you party like nobody is watching
14. But someone is watching
Mum, not while I’m hungover.
15. And they remind you that you’ve still done no work all holiday
16. And you squeeze a break’s worth of revision into two days
17. You then have to pack up your life to go back to uni
18. But you travel back safe in the knowledge that you will return soon for another holiday
And almost miss your train again.
Same again in 3 months?