17 Signs It’s Finally Time To Accept That You’re Getting Old
The ageing process is unfortunately an inevitable one. You may look the same and perhaps even dress the same, but since leaving university things have changed without you even realising.
If you identify with these, then you’re definitely getting on a bit…
1. You reminisce about your days at university, realising that life has hit its peak and it’s all downhill from here.
2. You think twice before doing something stupid – even when drunk.
3. You would never dream of leaving the house in a onesie.
4. Your hangovers hurt so much more than they used to.
5. You’ve actually started to enjoy watching the news.
6. You would choose a nice bottle of wine over a night out on 80p shots.
7. You get annoyed at noisy people in the pub because you actually care about doing well in the quiz.
8. Your third beer is having an effect and you’re suddenly overcome with shame as you realise that you haven’t drank in over a week.
9. You cringe at the latest youth vernacular.
No, your squad is not on fleek.
10. You’re tired all the time and wonder how you ever pulled all-nighters.
11. You are literally incapable of sleeping in.
On weekends your body will wake you up even earlier than your alarm does on a weekday.
12. You’ve attempted to reclaim your student lifestyle by playing drinking games. But then outright refused to drink the dirty pint.
13. Alcohol now induces you into a comatose state rather than pumped up for a night of drinking, dancing and walking home at 4am with a traffic cone.
14. You think that spending hours and hours watching funny videos on Youtube is a waste of time.
15. Your fridge no longer looks like this.
16. Fancy dress is now far too much effort.
17. And you’ve found yourself saying to younger people: “university will be the best years of your life, make the most of it!”
It may be time to admit it…