16 Things You’ll Never Truly Understand Unless You Studied Media At University
If you weren’t a Media Studies student, you’ll never truly understand these things.
1. The frustration of knowing that most people genuinely believe all you do is watch films all day.
2. Which is made even worse considering that when you actually do watch a film you don’t even enjoy it any more.
“But why did they use that camera angle?”
3. Always having to bite your tongue when someone calls Media Studies an “easy” degree.
4. And try not to lose your shit whenever someone asks what you’re planning on doing with it after graduation.
5. The sheer devastation of your laptop crashing after you’ve been editing for hours without saving.
6. Or thinking that you’ve created a masterpiece only to watch it back and realise it looks nothing like you imagined it would.
7. That feeling of satisfaction you get when you publish your best piece of writing yet.
8. Questioning your friendship with someone when they slate your favourite movie.
9. Or if you discover that they have terrible taste in cinema.
10. Feeling like the next Kubrick when you use loads of fancy shots in your movie.
11. And cringing whenever you hear your own voice on camera.
“Do I really sound like that?”