11 Things Every Girl Knows When She Goes To SportsPark Reading
So the gym on campus is a great place to work out in. As a girl though it can sometimes be a nightmare.
1. The nightmare of using the thigh adductor.
When you are on the machine that burns your inner thighs and you see everyone you know walk past and you think “Great. Everyone has seen what position I will technically be in when I give birth.”
2. Walking downstairs to see all the men hogging the weights machines
And what’s worse is when you’re using them, guys will judge your every move to check if you’re working out correctly.
3. Trying to look sexy whist walking up the stairs in the gym and completely failing
You think you’ve got the gym down, you’re wiggling your bum a bit, feeling all athletic but in reality you’re just a sweaty mess and everyone has tripped up those stairs a tiny bit let’s not lie.
4. Feeling like a twat watching yourself squatting on the mats
Let’s be real it just looks like you’re sitting on the toilet without the toilet.
5. And just in general trying to look like you know what you’re doing on the mats
Of course you’re trying to work on your abs like everyone around you… of course.
6. Always overdoing it running on the treadmills
“I can run, I have the stamina, I have this” Three minutes later… “oh my god I’m dying make this stop. I’m actually dying.”
7. And this is worse if you’ve chosen to go on a treadmill by the window
Because sometimes you forget that you being able to look out of the window means people can see in the window.
8. Always nearly falling over after getting off the cross trainers
You’re upstairs, you just smashed that 20 minute cross trainer session, you’re looking good. Then you have to get off…
9. Overthinking what you look like when lying on your front for the leg press machine
“Does this look okay?” “Is this looking a bit sexual?” “Do I look like I’d be really lazy doing it doggy style?”
10. Making the mistake of looking around the gym and seeing all the really fit girls
They’re squatting, lifting weights, running and not even sweating… HOW!?
11. Making eye contact for too long with guys whilst working out and wondering if you’ve drunkenly grinded with them at MNQ or Union.
DON’T LOOK AT ME