9 Uncalled For Things Your Parents Will Say To You After You Graduate
As if having having to cope with graduate life isn’t hard enough, the people who are supposed to be there for you are making it worse with their questions and comments. Please stop.
1. “When are you going to move back home?”
Thanks mum, but even though there is free food and a comfy bed on the cards, I’ll be holding on to my independence for as long as possible.
2. “Isn’t it about time you got out of bed now?”
For the first time in three years you don’t have anything to get up for. You want to just make the most of this moment before you get thrown into the world of work and have to get up at 7 am… or worse.
3. “Now you probably should start thinking about a pension plan.”
A what sorry?
4. “Is part-time bar work really stable enough to pay the bills?”
Of course not but it’s all I can find right now.
5. “Is that job the best you can do? You have a DEGREE now.”
6. “Is renting really a good idea? It’s just money in someone else’s pocket.”
7. “And all this nonsense about travelling. Just go on a nice two week holiday this summer!”
That’s not quite the point…
8. “Isn’t it time you started thinking about settling down?”
You need to stop.
9. “Oh I wish I could go back to university. They really are the best years of your life.”
Yeah, you don’t say.