15 Reasons Why Falmouth Is The Best Place To Be a Student
Ah, Cornwall. That wonderful little county at the bottom of the country where your parents used to drag you for the annual summer holiday. Nowadays you don’t really consider it a ‘student’ location, but Cornish residents will show you otherwise. And here’s why…
1. You wake up to the best news headlines.
The funniest to date being a phantom pool pooer who declared war on a children’s water disco. Yep, you read it right the first time.
2. Cornish pasties and ice-cream becomes an acceptable diet.
If you’re in Cornwall it’s only polite to consume local produce, right?
3. You get to hang out at the beach in between lectures.
When your mum asks what you’ve been up to…”Not a lot, just surfing. No biggie”
4. You pick up a really cool accent.
It’s pretty much a scene from Hot Fuzz only a thousand times better.
5. Everyone is more attractive.
Surfers do exist, and they live in Cornwall.
6. You don’t even have to be overly romantic.
“Fancy a walk on the beach?”
7. You can drink alcohol in the cinema.
Fifty Shades of Grey + vodka = one life changing experience.
8. You don’t have to worry about getting into the club, because the house parties are where it’s at.
And you also don’t have to worry about gettting kicked out of a friends house for dancing on the table.
9. Teaching is more laid back.
“Oh, the suns out! Everyone grab a cider and we’ll convene outside in 10 minutes”
10. You’re free to express yourself.
Want to dress up like a character from Harry Potter? Nobody’s gonna judge.
11. You’d always have a good excuse for skipping class.
“Oh yeah, sorry. My bus got trampled by a herd of cows”.
12. There’s no such thing as a holiday when you already live in a tourist destination.
Cornish summers begin mid-March, as do the BBQs.
13. You can hop on a train to some of the country’s best locations.
Bored of revision and fancy a fun-fuelled day out? Cornwall has your back, everytime.
14. There’s nowhere better for community spirit.
There’s no such thing as home sickness when you’re surrounded by such a lovely bunch of people.