18 Things You`ll Only Understand If You Studied at Goldsmiths University
We all know that Goldsmiths has its…quirks. You can choose to moan about them, or celebrate them, but no matter how you deal with them, we Goldsmiths goers can all give an understanding nod to the following things.
1. The involuntary sigh of sympathy when you hear that someone is living at Batavia Mews.
2. Feeling an inexplicable protective love for New Cross.
It’s a bit of a dump, but you love it anyway. Besides, it looks nice sometimes.
3. Friday nights invariably mean Amersham.
Which also means losing your dignity somewhere on the dance floor.
4. Having a magical, hangover-curing fry up at Goldsmiths Caf is often the best part of going out.
5. The bizarre and occasionally horrific sights that you will witness in the gender neutral toilets at the SU.
6. Having to accept how disorganised the university can be at times.
7. And that you’ll need to explain to people again and again that Goldsmiths does in fact do subjects other than Fine Art.
8. Occasionally feeling like the only way to fit in is to dye your hair an unnatural colour.
9. Or that you’ve committed social suicide if you dare to turn up to a 9am lecture in jeans and a jumper.
10. The internal battle that rages between wanting to try the delicious sounding menu but then being unable to bring yourself to venture into a place called ‘Birdie Num Nums’.
11. But knowing you have to try the face-sized burgers at Chinwag at least once.
12. Going to The Fat Walrus just to see this legend.
The site of the Old Haberdasher has suddenly become popular now that it’s got itself some plywood tables and puppy Baloo.