29 Things You’ll Understand If You’ve Been Travelling In South East Asia
South East Asia is one of the most popular backpacking destinations in the world and a favourite for students and graduates experiencing that wanderlust. If you’ve been, here are some things only you will understand.
1. You were barely there for five minutes before you ended up with arms full of these.
2. And drinking local liquor out of a bucket was already old news.
3. You went to at least one full moon party.
And it didn’t disappoint!
4. And probably inexplicably woke up on the beach at one time or another.
5. You developed a taste for beer.
6. And ate a lot of pancakes.
It’s not called the sticky pancake trail for nothing.
7. You chilled out in one of these.
Essentially ruining the idea of chilling out anywhere else.
8. And you were probably convinced you had malaria on several occasions.
9. You got a hair braid.
Which you instantly regretted.
10. And experienced some unforgettable close encounters with wild animals.
11. But then freaked out whenever you saw a stray dog.
Regardless of whether you had the rabies jab or not.
12. You rode a motorbike against your better judgement.
13. And spent too much time bargaining with shop keepers.
Over purchases like these:
14. You tried all the street food.
And actually enjoyed it.
15. Even though it made you ill. Let’s be honest.
16. You laughed at the well-meaning but badly translated signs.
17. And drank out of a coconut.
18. Pad Thai became a staple of your diet.
It was always a safe bet!
19. You travelled by sleeper bus.
But you probably didn’t get much sleep.
20. And took a cheesy pic here.
21. You braved trying an insect.
22. And thought you were going to die in a Tuk Tuk.
23. When it rained, it was torrential.
24. And you could never decide whether to love or hate Khao San Road.
25. You were sick of temples by the end of your trip.
As stunning as they are.
26. And tired of living out of a backpack.
27. But you definitely loved visiting some of the most beautiful beaches in the world.
Gili, though. 👌
28. And making friends for life.
29. And now that you’re back, you feel like no other holiday will ever compare. Ever.
😍 😭 😍 😭