17 Things No One Tells You About Moving To University For The First Time
Going off to uni comes with sacrifices, like learning how to do everything for yourself.
1. Washing doesn’t just appear neatly folded in your drawer.
Come on washing fairy, where you at?
2. So you’ll probably wait until you have no clothes to wear to do a wash.
3. Or just take your dirty laundry home with you when you visit…? 😂
4. Meals take time, money and effort.
All three of which you probably don’t have.
5. Even if you’re tired, you’ll have to cook dinner after a long day.
And your bank account won’t stretch to get you many takeaways (though you’ll definitely try).
6. Henry the Hoover becomes your best friend.
No one else is gonna do it.
7. Breakfast isn’t even in your vocab when you have to be up and out for a 9am lecture.
No. Time. How do adults do this?!
8. And you need to quickly learn how to drag yourself out of bed.
Your parents aren’t around to do it any more.
9. You have to motivate yourself to leave the house.
10. And to do your work.
You have to nag yourself now. Except when your mum calls.
11. You learn just how easy it is to spend hundreds of pounds.
12. And you try to learn to be financially responsible*.
* You learned how to apply for an overdraft…
13. So you realise the importance of pre-drinking before nights out.
14. And Tesco Value vodka 😷
15. You will surprise yourself by feeling homesick.
You even miss the nagging you used to get at home????
16. But you also learn how to make new friends again.
It’s like starting school all over again, but you’ll make friends for life.