18 Things You’ll Only Understand If You Go To University In a City
Sure, it’s littered, noisy and over-crowded, but for all its faults, it’s where you call home when you’re at university. And there are some things only you will understand about living there.
1. Your student loan is in constant danger because of the endless amount of shops on your doorstep.
2. And the fact that it’s so easy to travel to wherever you want to go from a city.
3. It’s just a shame that you can’t really afford it.
4. You become a pro at blocking out unwanted noise.
What sirens, car horns and drunken revelry?
5. Which makes you appreciate escaping to somewhere prettier and quieter so much more.
6. And make the most of every patch of greenery you see. No matter where it is.
7. And as soon as the weather turns warmer, all you want to do is
revise drink outside in the sun.
8. You’re forever upset about how much more expensive it is to rent student accommodation in a city.
9. And how hard it is to avoid the temptation of getting take out all day, every day.
10. Even though you love how many bars and restaurants there are to chose from.
“Cheeky Nando’s? There are, like, 5 to chose from.”
11. Your parents always think you’re unsafe.
12. But you actually feel quite comfortable because there are always so many people about.
13. There’s usually more than one university, meaning you’re never far from other students.
And you’re never not in competition with them.