11 Last Minute Freak Outs You’re Definitely Having About Moving To Canterbury This Weekend
No matter how much you’re freaking out right now, try to relax: you’ll be absolutely fine. We’ve all been there and know exactly what you’re thinking just before heading off on that momentous journey to uni…
1. How the hell is all your stuff going to fit into the car?
Someone’s going to have to sit on the roof.
2. Will your pets hate you?
They’ll forgive you. Eventually.
3. What if your flatmates are all weird?
Maybe they will be, but chances are you’re just as weird.
4. What if you never manage to find your way around campus?
You’ll be fine after a little while. Although, you’ll end up knowing the buildings you go to regularly and remain oblivious to everything around them…
5. What if I don’t find my people?
The thought of making friends at uni is pretty scary. But just join a society or two and throw yourself into their activities and socials. Before you know it you’ll have an awesome circle of friends!
6. What if you’ve forgotten something super important?
As long as you’ve got your laptop, mobile, debit card and ID you’ll be fine. Stress not. You can either buy (cheap) things in Canterbury or get someone to send your stuff to you from home. Simples.
7. What if your family embarrass you?
Everyone who has family coming to drop them off will feel embarrassed by them at some point.
8. What if you can’t cook for yourself?
You’ll have to learn pretty quickly. Although, there are people who survive on chicken nuggets and smiley faces…
9. What if you can’t keep up with wild party animals?
There are plenty of people who don’t like going out. Netflix for the win.
10. What if you don’t feel like a grown up yet?
No one does. Just pretend that you know what you’re doing and it’ll be fine.
11. What if the work’s too hard?
As long as you attend as much as possible and get in touch with your tutors if you’ve got problems you’ll be fine. And you’ll be learning about something that you love so that always helps too!