14 Things You’ll Experience During Arrivals Weekend
You’ve been awaiting this moment for a really long time. Now it’s finally here, you’ll realise that the mental image you have of moving away from home is probably nothing like the reality of it. To soften the blow, we’re telling you the truth about the process before you actually arrive.
1. You’ll queue so much.
2. You’ll snap at whoever’s helping you move in.
Because it’s freakin’ stressful.
3. Whoever’s helping you move in will snap at you.
The pressure will boil over more than once.
4. You’ll be helped by loads of welcome helpers.
They’ll tell you where everything is and help you to carry your stuff to your room.
5. You’ll spend ages in the sports hall.
Getting your student ID card takes quite a while. You’ve been warned.
6. You’ll get lost.
Campus will seem huge at first.
7. You’ll finally meet the people you’ve been chatting to on Facebook.
Familiar faces are always reassuring!
8. You’ll finally discover who the flatmates that you couldn’t find online are.
Would the mystery resident please step forward.
9. You’ll meet people that you’ll never see again.
No one knows quite how it happens, but it does.
10. The number of friends you have on Facebook will explode.
OMG add me on facebook and we’ll arrange that night out sometime. (Hint: you’ll never organise that night out).
11. You’ll say bye to your family.
And it’ll feel really weird.
12. And you’ll probably end up sitting in the kitchen once they’ve left.
Not really knowing what to do with yourself.
13. But then you’ll end up getting ready to go out with your flat.
It is freshers’ after all..!
14. Not without taking the obligatory kitchen pictures first though!
It’s a tradition, just go along with it, stand in a line and smile.