7 Ways In Which Freshers’ At Kent Is Different To How You Expected
That magical week you’d built up in your mind has probably ended up being quite different to how you’d pictured it. From hangovers to induction lectures, we’ve uncovered the huge disappointments that every UKC fresher faces.
1. Venue gets old very quickly.
Whilst the idea of going to Venue every night sounds like fun at first, once you’ve been to three club nights where they play the same songs over and over again the novelty kind of wears off.
2. Even when they add foam into the mix.
Because you’ll probably end up feeling like you’re choking anyway.
3. Hangovers are real.
Hangover on hangover on hangover is not fun. In fact it’s hellish.
4. You do actually have to look after yourself.
No one’s going to cook you breakfast after a night out now that you’ve moved away from home.
5. There are things to do during the day.
Like introductory lectures and library tours and stuff. Urgh.
6. You don’t have your loan yet.
And overdrafts aren’t bottomless pits of free money.
7. Week 1 is looming on the horizon.
Those 9am starts are waiting for you.