9 Things You’ll Be Freaking Out About Before Starting Final Year
You’ve made it – final year is here. Whilst the images of graduating in Canterbury cathedral come to mind, so do endless hours sat in the library whilst nearly having a nervous breakdown about your essays/exams/dissertation/life after uni. But that’s not on the cards yet (well, not this week at least) so for now let’s focus on the freak outs you’ll be having about starting final year.
1. Bloody hell it’s gone so fast.
You could swear that two seconds ago you were a wide-eyed fresher.
2. Figuring out what you’re going to tell people when they ask you what you’re doing once you’ve graduated.
No more “oh I’m only in first/second year I don’t need to worry about it yet”. The time is now guys. The Careers & Employability Service are waiting for you.
3. Carpe the frickin’ diem.
A classier way of applying the theory of YOLO. Now’s the time to write a Before I Graduate bucket list. If you still haven’t visited Whitstable now’s your chance.
4. How much work you’re going to have to do.
You’re already vowing to spend your life in the library this year. Lol.
5. What you’re going to do once you don’t live with your housemates anymore.
How will you all survive?
6. Where you’re actually going to end up next year.
Who knows. You probably don’t even know what you’re having for dinner…
7. This is the last year you’ll receive student loans.
It’s just too much.
8. Your level of un-readiness.
Less ready would not be possible.
9. You should definitely feel older than you do.