8 Things You’ll Only Know If You’re a Student With An Unusual First Name
It’s easy to laugh at celebrity baby names like North, Apple and Blue. But what happens when your name is just as unusual?
The trauma of never having a personalised name plaque on your bedroom door as a child was bad enough, but if you thought growing up and going to university would make things a bit easier for you, think again.
Only unusually named students will understand these problems. Johns and Janes strictly forbidden.
1. The look of confusion when you introduce yourself to your flat mates and course mates for the first time
2. The disbelieving looks bouncers give you, every single time
3. You get picked on for every question because the lecturers only remember your name
4. Making it all the more obvious when you don’t turn up
5. Every drunk person you meet goes on about your name for half an hour
6. And after every drunk conversation you’re given a new, stupid nickname
7. Wearing a name badge at work and listening to customers go on about it for ages
8. Having people know who you are, even though you’ve never met
Having an unusual name can be annoying but when it comes to it, we wouldn’t change it. And no matter what we’re called, Starbucks will get it wrong anyway!