6 Things Christmas Retail Jobs Will Teach You
Should you work in a Christmas retail job (or ‘temporary seasonal sales assistant, to give it the full title) there are a few things you should expect.
1. Christmas begins early. Come the start of October, you will no longer be phased by seeing Santa Claus, fake snow and glitter everywhere.
2. When you say “it’s busy, isn’t it?” everyone else will look at you like you’re crazy. Just you wait ‘til December.
3. Customers will be both the best and worst parts of your job
4. The novelty of hearing carols playing will wear off very quickly. Very quickly.
5. There will always be the one member of staff who is just too Christmassy, too early, and has all their presents sorted by the 1st November.
6. And you will slowly become a living embodiment of the Grinch
Christmas? Bah humbug.