11 Books You Should Read If You’re New To London
So you’ve just moved to London for that first graduate job. But you’re from the country or up north or way down south and you don’t really know how to cope with the big city.
Here are 11 books that will help you get a deeper feel for your new home.
1. Adrift in Soho (1961), Colin Wilson
2. The Football Factory (1997), John King
3. Bleak House (1852-1853), Charles Dickens
4. Mrs Dalloway (1925), Virginia Woolf
5. Hangover Square (1941), Patrick Hamilton
6. The Sign of the Four (1890), Sir Arthur Conan Doyle
7. Absolute Beginners (1959), Colin MacInnes
8. King Solomon’s Carpet (1991), Barbara Vine (Ruth Rendell)
9. Bridget Jones’s Diary (1996), Helen Fielding
10. Vanity Fair (1847), William Makepeace Thackeray
11. Before I Go to Sleep (2011), S. J. Watson
Read all and you’ll feel at home in no time.