14 Rules You Should Follow at Every Student Fancy Dress Party
As a student, it’s pretty much a given that you will be invited to a fair few fancy dress parties. In light of this, here are some rules you need to follow on such an occasion.
1. Try to choose a costume that’s as unique as possible.
2. Literally be as inventive as you dare.
3. But beware of picking something you’re going to have to spend the whole night explaining.
4. And don’t under or over-do it.
Too little is often just as bad as too much.
5. If you’re going in a group, consider a group theme.
Imagine how great the photos will look on Facebook the next day.
6. And once the theme’s been established, stick to it.
7. Always try to remain in budget.
You are still a student, after all.
8. And don’t take it all too seriously.
9. Especially if someone has a similar costume to yours.
10. Or to your friend’s.
Distraction is the way forward.
11. Get into character and stay there.
12. And pose appropriately for photos.
13. Dance appropriately too.
You might be your alter ego for the night but that doesn’t mean you can’t shake it.