33 Thoughts You Have When You Just Can’t Concentrate In a Lecture
Sitting in a lecture when you’re struggling to concentrate is a problem all students encounter at least once during their time at university. Here are some thoughts you’ll definitely have on those occasions.
1. Ugh. I’m not in the mood for this today.
2. I should not have taken this module.
3. This isn’t what I imagined lectures would be like.
4. What are they even talking about?
5. Am I the only one who doesn’t really know what’s going on?
6. I bet this is all on Moodle anyway. I don’t need to be here.
7. Should I just leave? Pretend I have to take a call and never return. Ever.
8. I better make it look like I understand.
9. Oh my god. Do not make eye contact with the lecturer. Just stare straight ahead.
10. So tired. Must. Stay. Awake.
11. Will this be in the exam? I really hope not.
12. I should probably start writing some notes.
13. Wait. How come the person next to me has written so many notes already?
14. What’s wrong with me? Why can’t I concentrate?
15. I’m paying for this lecture; I really need to stop doodling and actually listen.
16. I’m so hungry right now. I should’ve brought a snack.
17. Oh crap. Eye contact. Please do not ask me a question. Please. Please.
18. I wonder what I could be doing instead?
19. How have only five minutes gone by since I last looked at the clock?
20. I feel like we’ve been in here for years.
21. Oh, wait, I think I understand this bit.
22. Nope. False alarm.
23. Why do they always change the slide before I’ve finished writing?
24. They wouldn’t like it if I did that to them.
25. When can I leave?
26. Really, though. I just want to get out of here.
27. I’ll try harder next time.
28. I’m allowed to have an off day.
29. No, no, no. Don’t ask if people have questions.
30. This was a waste of time.
31. Let me out. Why didn’t I sit at the end of the row?
32. Seriously, hurry up.