22 Things You’ll Understand If You Went To Manchester Metropolitan University
1. Being in constant competition with UoM.
2. Which is no damn surprise considering you’re right next to each other.
Who thought that was a good idea?
3. But knowing it’s all banter really.
4. The hilarity of hearing any assumption that your degree is easier than theirs.
5. Or that your campus is any less impressive.
We’re both on Oxford Road, mate. ✋
6. The panic you feel when you first go into the Business School.
Where even am I? How do I get out? What if I die here?
7. Quickly learning to avoid All Saints Library during exam period.
Where were all of these people during the rest of the year?!
8. As great as the views are from it…
9. Feeling like you spend your life queuing to get on a Magic Bus on Oxford Road.
So. Many. Humans.
10. The collective feeling of distaste for anything to do with Cavendish Halls.
11. Experiencing the absolute joys of living in Fallowfield.
12. Heading straight to Platt Fields as soon as the sun comes out.
13. That frustration when the book you need for tomorrow is all the way over in Crewe.
14. Or when the MMU App crashes the only time you actually need to use it.
15. Loving that you’re always so close to town.
16. But hating that this usually means you end up with no money.
17. The sadness of getting to Spar to discover there’s nothing but cheese sandwiches left.
18. And the eater’s remorse you feel after devouring another of these in the SU.
19. Never being able to get over how cheap the drinks are in Font.
20. Nor which way you’re supposed to swipe your student card to get in and out of the library.
21. Looking forward to graduating in this beaut of a hall.
22. And never really wanting to say bye.
Because even though it’s not perfect, you’ve loved it there. 💙