17 Things Nobody Ever Tells You About Being a Graduate
Nobody said it would be easy. Nobody said it would be this hard.
1. How anticlimactic the transition between student and graduate life can be.
You looked forward to it for so long but then it was literally just 🎓👋
2. And how quickly time suddenly seems to pass.
3. People actually do expect you to already have your shit together.
You always thought that was just an unreasonable joke.
4. But it turns out university didn’t *quite* teach you how to do that.
5. The extent to which your degree does not qualify you for a graduate job.
6. Because without experience you are, to put it bluntly, kind of useless.
7. But how are you supposed to get experience if you can’t ever get a job??!!
8. How badly you’ll handle the pressure of everyone’s expectations of you at times.
9. And how seriously you will start to question every decision you have ever made.
Did I really need a degree to suffer like this?
10. Like your choice of degree. Which you will almost immediately regret after leaving.
11. How little time it takes to feel as though you’ve forgotten everything you learnt.
12. And how seriously you’ll considering going back to uni again.
Master’s? Why not.
13. Because writing CVs and Cover Letters is as bad as writing essays.
14. How quickly you can go from feeling like you’re finally on top of everything…
15. To realising you’re really, really not.
16. How many knock-backs you’ll have to deal with before you learn from your mistakes.
17. And how much graduate life would make you belatedly appreciate student life.
Let’s go back, yeah? 😅😰