Want to write an article like this?

Try it!

16 Things You Learn To Hate About Studying at Loughborough University

It’s the best uni ever, but there are some things you could definitely live without.

1. Everyone knows everyone.

Seeing that guy your housemate brought home last night sitting across from you in a lecture hall is spectacularly awkward for everyone involved.

via giphy.com

via giphy.com

2. And most people do not understand the words “silent study area” in Pilkington Library.

You can’t even shout at them so you just glare (silently) and wait for the librarian to kick them out.

#loughborough #loughboroughuniversity #pilkingtonlibrary #library #campus #uk #tree #leaf #autumn

A photo posted by Antonio Caporali (@kundalini82) on

via tenor.co

via tenor.co

3. When there’s only one copy of a book at Pilkington Library and someone has taken it out, plus three other people are queued up online to request it.

Why does this always happen when you have an essay due in 10 hours?

via imgur.com

via imgur.com

4. Moving off campus makes everything harder; the library feels so far away…

Once you move to the golden triangle in town, getting to the library is an actual quest.

via tumblr.com

via tumblr.com

5. And it always seems like all the good stuff is happening in the student village, or just on campus in general.

Big up Rigg-Rut’s socials and their punches 👏

So glad to have been part of this hall for my first year of university #riggrut #loughboroughuniversity

A photo posted by Sophie Culverwell (@soph_e_c03) on

6. Not to mention the struggle when your friend wants to hang out, but they live in David Collett and you live in town.

via popkey.co

via popkey.co

7. Having to deal with the stigma of being a testosterone-filled, male-dominated university.

It kind of is. 60% of Loughborough students are male, leaving only 40% female students.

via reactiongifs.com

via reactiongifs.com

8. When you’re weak and get dragged out on LSU nights.

But hey, it’s worth it: you can retake an exam, but you can’t relive the party you missed.

via wikia.com

via wikia.com

9. The reliably massive queues for FND, HEY EWE and Echos.

The absolute worst in Freshers’ Week.

via metro.co.uk

via metro.co.uk

10. Wanting to join a sports team and realising just how expensive it is.

At least the kit is really nice and you get to keep it forever.

via giphy.com

via giphy.com

11. When LEARN fails you.

Worst of all is when it doesn’t update and let you know your morning lecture is cancelled, so you drag yourself there only to find you could’ve stayed in bed.

via giphy.com

via giphy.com

12. There are so many cyclists. Everywhere.

You have to be on the look out at all times, especially in areas like this:

13. Walking up the hills around campus, like this one:

It’s pretty, but it’s so much effort. If you can take the shuttle bus, always take the shuttle bus.

Absolutely gorgeous day here on campus #daffodils #sunshine #campus #lborouniversity #flowers

A photo posted by Loughborough University (@lborouniversity) on

14. Haslegrave when you’re on a deadline.

It’s an alright place, until you’ve been stuck there for days and nights on end surviving on 100% takeaways and 0% fresh air.

via reactiongifs.com

via reactiongifs.com

15. When you see people wearing Loughborough stash from head to toe who probably aren’t training or going to the gym.

No other uni students stash up as much as Loughborough students do.

via tumblr.com

via tumblr.com

16. But knowing it’s because, really, they love Loughborough as much as you do.

You may complain, but you will always be proud to be a Loughborough student.

via vomzi.com

via vomzi.com