13 Emotional Ups & Downs Every University Student Will Face
Whether you’re a new student, a returning undergraduate or postgraduate student, some things remain the same.
1. Missing out on the 20% student discount in your favourite shops
2. Waiting to go to the toilet during a 2 hour lecture
3. Trying to hone the “I’m so into you look” to someone you just met
and failing miserably…
4. Finding out you have to do an oral presentation… in every module you’ve picked
Nothing can brighten my day
5. Sitting through a 2 hour lecture wondering what on earth the lecturer is talking about
6. Debating whether to stay in, or go out with your friends
Socialising 1, Studying 0.
7. Finding out you have a day off
8. The panic after you realise you’ve slept through an early lecture
And the relief that follows when you remember it’ll all be on Blackboard anyway
9. Sitting through a boring lecture contemplating why you’re spending so much to be there
10. Checking your timetable to find you have a 9am lecture
11. Then actually turning up to the 9am hungover…
12. Craving food when you’re in a seminar and can’t leave
13. Realising you’re a strong independent being
It’s time to mould your world (literally with mould if you’ve spent any time in student housing), even if it does mean partying until the early morning and waking up smelling of bin.
Because you’re awesome, and university is one of the best experiences of your life.