13 Things That Happen When You Stay at University After Everyone Else Leaves
You’re in your element during term time, and then it’s finished, just like that. Then everyone leaves and you just lose it.
1. You find out whether you actually like your own company.
2. You question how many hours are in the day.
Today feels longer than yesterday, that’s science.
3. You have to accept that all you’re going to get is peace and quiet.
4. Those nights you were annoyed you went out instead of worked? Now, you work all day every day.
5. You lose your funny box.
Nothing is funny.
6. There is no one to eat with and you embark on a summer of pot noodles and take-away food.
7. You realise that not even Netflix can save you any more.
8. The chances of making new friends are slim.
9. You decide that getting fit is a waste of time.
No one is here to see me.