19 Things You Learn To Love About Being a Bangor Student
Sometimes we whine about Bangor (with wine), but Bangor can be pretty awesome. Everyday we’re reminded of it, one way or another.
1. Varsity (and winning it too).
The company, the atmosphere, the unity of all students.
2. The landscape.
It’s just so much nicer than looking at Pontio, isn’t it?
3. Psychology experiments.
Thanks to your experiment, I can now afford quad vods tonight. Bless you psychology students.
Because without, who would provide us with fish bowls and cheesy music to dance to?
5. And Academi photos from the night before.
Rest assured, someone, somewhere, is photo bombing.
6. Meeting strangers in the toilet who make you feel awesome.
This happens more often than you’d think. Respect.
7. When you’ve lost your keys and your phone, but at least you have the comfort of Bella Bella.
8. Occasionally getting free Domino’s.
Fresher’s week, for all meals, all day, all week.
9. How you don’t even need to leave your house to get club tickets.
Peep and Academi reps, thank you.
10. Bitch Hill
Yes it’s a pain, but it provides you with a lot of hilarious memories.
11. And getting to the top of Bitch Hill without feeling tired.
I’m either really drunk or really fit. Win.
12. Market Day.
Who doesn’t like seeing the high street painted with plants and weird owl-shaped bird feeders? Impossible to walk through though.
13. When you go out without a coat and it doesn’t rain once.
14. Getting past Deiniol Road… without having to wait for traffic congestion.
15. Free toast.
16. Turning up to Mike’s Bites like your life depends on it.
Every hangover should be tended to with a good breakfast that is convenient and fabulously greasy, even if means you have to crawl there.
17. Summer Ball.
Everything may be expensive, but THERE ARE BUMPER CARS and it’s mental.
18. The Pier.
It’s one of the nicest places to go in Bangor.
19. And when it’s all over: Graduating in PJ Hall.
In your Gryffindor colours in a building that looks like Hogwarts. What a way to end.
Bangor, it’s always a pleasure.