22 Struggles All Girls Will Face Before They Even Get To Work
Think the hard work starts when you reach the office?
1. The alarm going off at 6am. Enough said. You deserve at least one ‘snooze’…
2. Thinking you hit ‘snooze’ but actually turning your alarm off completely causing you to oversleep
3. Waking up with inexplicably ridiculous hair. Obviously, every bobble and/or kirby grip you’ve ever owned has vanished.
4. Grappling with one of life’s greatest paradoxes – owning a wardrobe full of clothes but having absolutely NOTHING to wear.
5. Putting your tights on backwards. You’ll now feel weird for the rest of the day.
6. Checking the fridge to discover your sadist flatmates/parents have bought the red milk. That’s breakfast ruined then….
7. Stepping outside the door for the weather to suddenly do a 180 on you. You’re now wearing fabric ballet pumps in a storm.
8. Your umbrella forgets how to do it’s ONE F*CKING JOB and turns itself inside out.
9. Failing to accurately judge where the tube doors will open EVERY.SINGLE.MORNING.
You’re consequently the last one on the carriage.
10. Finding yourself snugly pressed up against the guy who’s evidently come from a very intense workout at the gym…
11. …yet secretly envious that he’s keeping to the New Year’s resolution you broke on January 2nd.
12. Enduring the obnoxious squeals of school children on the same carriage as you. You pray that they all fail their GCSEs.
13. Trying to distract yourself with the paper but discovering that the crossword has already been done.
14. Failing to anticipate the sudden stop and consequently jolting and falling into the lap of the hottest person you’ve ever seen.
15. Getting stuck behind the person with the world’s most complicated order at Starbucks.
And obviously today’s the day they’ve put the Trainee Barista on shift.
16. Checking Facebook whilst you wait, wading through the barrage of happy holiday uploads and fighting the urge to punch your newsfeed in the face.
17. Suddenly remembering the presentation that you were supposed to prepare last night for today.
Netflix has so much to answer for.
18. Running to make up for lost time but coming face to face with the red man at every crossing.
19. Accidentally locking eyes with a colleague walking a few yards away in the opposite direction.
Now they’ve seen you, you can’t ignore them but you’re too far away to exchange pleasantries. An excruciating minute of awkward glances and waving follows.
20. Catching sight of yourself in the lift and realising you’ve had toothpaste smeared across your face the whole time.
21. Forgetting how to speak and behave appropriately when a colleague politely asks you about your weekend.
“Good yeah, drunk for the most part.’ “Oh…”
22. FINALLY reaching your desk, bedraggled, beaten and 20 minutes late to discover an office full of prompt, energetic, presentable co-workers. How DO they do it?!
It’s safe to say mornings aren’t our favourite part of the day…