15 Things UEA Film Students Are Tired Of Hearing
Taking a film degree at UEA is great, if only everyone would appreciate the struggles you have to go through. Yes it is an academic subject now stop trying to make me prove it. Here are a few recognisable quips you’ve definitely heard from people throughout your course.
1. We offer that as a degree?
2. It’s all about the people you know.
3. You’ll never get any experience in Norwich.
Um, BBC Look East, ITV, Epic Studios, Mustard AND UEA:TV.
4. Can you read my screenplay?
Really? Is it an environmental science screenplay about rocks?
5. Are you sure UEA:TV counts as experience?
Yes. Yes it does.
6. Watching a film doesn’t count as studying.
It’s three hours long and it’s in Japanese, sounds like work to me.
7. Is it nice doing an easy subject?
8. Have fun being unemployed.
9. Why didn’t you go to film school or something?
Actually UEA is one of the best uni’s in the country for film, television and media.
10. Are you going to be UEA’s next Matt Smith?
It’s film, not drama.
11. But you’ll definitely be famous right?
12. You must be a nightmare to watch a film with.
We like to think we’re enhancing the experience.
13. But you look like the type to do a proper subject.
14. So what’s you back-up plan?
15. Seriously, what are you doing with your life?
Shut up mum.