16 Things You Learn To Hate About Being a UEA Student
Oh UEA is wonderful! But not all the time. Here are some of the difficulties all UEA students face at some point in their degree.
1. Trying to sit on the grass by the lake only to realise the rabbits have chewed it to nothing.
A lovely picnic can very quickly turn into someone twisting their ankle down a rabbit hole.
2. How you became incredibly lazy after living on campus in first year.
The reality of 9am lectures when you live off campus is exhausting.
3. Firstbus getting more expensive every year and still being late.
It’s not like students have anywhere to be at all.
4. Having a seminar on the top floor of the Registry Building.
Who needs the gym?
5. Living so near the seaside but never actually visiting it.
Great Yarmouth beach is only a 30 minute train ride away but a BBQ by the lake is practically the same… Right?
6. Noticing your drunken self in a picture on Spotted UEA.
Is that me? It can’t be me. Oh crap. That is me.
7. The Concrete Jungle that is our Campus.
Who thought this architecture was a good idea? And why does everything have to be on so many different levels?
8. University of Essex Students on Derby Day.
Calm down it’s just sport! Sport that we win. And you lose.
9. Baking in your room in halls and not being able to open the window.
But don’t worry, you have a tiny plastic fan to circulate the hot air.
10. Having to leave the LCR before you get stuck to the floor forever.
11. None of your friends from home want to visit cause Norwich isn’t near anything.
Why can’t you get a 4 hour train journey to come and see me? I thought we were friends.
12. Thinking your lecture is in Congregation Hall when really it’s in CD Annex.
And it’s raining.
13. The cleaner coming into your room in halls EVERY DAY.
I’m too hungover for this. No that’s not vomit in my bin…
14. Student SU elections taking over campus.
I voted okay? Leave me alone. I don’t want to see your manifesto for the millionth time.
15. Going to floor 2 in the library when your book is on floor 02.
16. Being stuck in the library studying while Pimp My Barrow is throwing the best party of the year right in your eye line.
What could be sadder?