17 Things UEA Students Have Learnt From The Aftermath of Homerun
On Friday the Homerun housing list was released once again amid a mass refreshing of pages and UEA students poised with their fully charged phones ready to call landlords for viewings. Those of you who’ve bagged a house on day one, congratulations you have succeeded. And to those who are still looking don’t despair just yet, there is still hope.
1. It all happens so fast.
2. Landlords are just as stressed as you about everything.
3. You were never going to make any lectures or seminars you had on Friday afternoon.
Once the list is released all plans are cancelled.
4. Viewing houses doesn’t take as long as you thought it would.
5. You probably should have spent longer looking in each room though.
When you’re allocating rooms later or trying to compare houses it’s tricky if you can’t remember anything.
6. There are lots of questions you forgot to ask at the time and thought of later.
7. No one ever taught you how to sign for a house.
8. Do I have to read the whole contract?
What am I looking for?