17 Things You Have To Do In Your First Year At UEA
The first year of uni is going to be great and after a year at UEA you’ll know you’ve made the right choice. As well as all the academic work you’ll be doing there is a huge sense of community on campus with societies and sports clubs left, right and centre. Here is a list of all the things you’ll probably find yourself or see many other first years doing.
1. Sing “Oh UEA is Wonderful”.
2. Get a late night burger at The Hatch.
3. Go to a lecture slightly hungover.
4. Try to catch a rabbit.
5. Fail to catch a rabbit.
6. Make friends with the LCR bouncers.
7. Get lost in the Lawrence Stenhouse building
8. Pull an all nighter in the library to finish an essay due in the next day.
9. Play ‘spot the local’ on a night out.
10. Have a least 10 arguments about washing up with your flat mates.
11. Visit Dr Bike to get your bike mended.
They will even oil your bike for free and pump up your tyres.
12. Have an awkward encounter with the cleaner.
13. Get a selfie with a stranger in Mantra.
14. Stand in the freezing cold at 5am in your pajamas because of a fire drill.
Then realise everyone forgot to bring their key out with them.
15. Have a BBQ by the lake on a sunny day.
16. Support UEA at Derby Day.
Then party into the night because we won. *fingers crossed*
17. Pass your first year.
Come on you can do it.