19 Signs You Lived in the UEA Ziggurats
There are lots of different halls for first years at UEA but you were one of the selected few who were lucky enough to live in UEA’s most famous buildings – The Ziggurats.
1. You constantly reminded people at home you lived in a famous listed building.
2. You feared falling off your tiny mattress every time you went to sleep.
3. The Norfolk/Suffolk terrace rivalry doesn’t really exist – but you tell people it does.
4. You may have fallen down those terrifyingly steep stairs while drunk.
5. You definitely didn’t go out onto the roof. Ever.
6. The rabbits were your constant companions.
7. Your room turns into a greenhouse in the summer.
8. If you were in Suffolk you were closest to everything.
9. But if you were in Norfolk you had the best parties.
10. Everyone could see into your super clean kitchen.
11. Your kitchen felt a little bit like a prison.
The metal tables and chairs that were all nailed to the floor – what did they think we were going to do?