21 Things You Learn To Love About Being a UEA Student
We do love to complain about UEA but at the end of the day it’s pretty great. Despite the never ending lectures, ugly concrete and terrible buses you wouldn’t want to be anywhere else.
1. The landscape around all the concrete.
It’s really beautiful when you actually take the time to wander round the lake.
2. Derby Day.
Bring on another year of winning.
3. The Street has everything.
What other uni has everything, I mean EVERYTHING right on campus?
4. Blue bar vs red bar.
Whichever you prefer there is plenty of room to get smashed on campus.
5. UEA has a society for everyone.
Anything and everything you could possibly want to join is provided for at UEA.
6. Campus food.
Meal deals in the Campus Kitchen, burgers from The Hatch and even Costa quality in the JSC.
There are a selection of clubs in Norwich but this the one you’ll go to the most and remember the least of.
8. Or The Loft.
If Mantra is ‘not your scene’ then the loft is a great night out.
9. Always bumping into someone you know on campus.
Because everything is all in one place, so is everyone you know.
10. Awesome bands love UEA.
Years and Years, Foals, The Fratellis, The Kooks, Slaves, Scouting For Girls and Sum 41 just to mention a few that are gracing the LCR stage.
11. Themed fancy dress Tuesday LCR nights.
It’s nice that dressing up as Scooby Doo is socially acceptable.
12. A-List LCR Saturdays.
Dancing until you’re literally on the floor.
13. Drunken official club photos.
Bring on the photobombing.
14. The Square on a sunny day.
15. Making use of the Sports Park and feeling great.
Have you made it to the top of the climbing wall?
16. The new cycle lanes down The Avenues.
Most of the road is made up of cycle lanes. Ha.
17. 24 hour access to the library.
Realising your book is due back tomorrow at 23:00 and there is still time!
18. Living in one of the driest counties in England.
Okay, it DOES rain sometimes but not that much.
19. You don’t go to Essex Uni.
20. Debating the 5 L’s.
You have definitely had a vote on which would be the easiest to get away with.
21. And the the sense of UEA pride.
Oh, UEA is wonderful.