Here Is Everything That Will Happen In Your First Week At UEA
Freshers is rapidly approaching and I’m sure you’re wandering what UEA has in store for you during your first week there. You imagine wild parties, new friends and daunting induction lectures so here is an outline of what to expect and what to prepare for.
1. You will get very well acquainted with the LCR.
Sticky floors, cheap drinks and fancy dress. A lot of time will be spent here.
2. You will get lost looking for a party in halls you’ve never even heard of.
Norfolk Terrace was that block A or B? And which floor? What do you mean floor 01 is at the top? Now it’s in Wolfson? Where’s that?
3. A trip to the union shop in your pajamas is non negotiable.
4. You will realise how drunk you were last night while struggling to queue for coffee in The Hive.
5. All of your Facebook notifications will be from Freshers Pages.
Watch out for all the fake ‘official’ pages and the clubs trying to sell you stuff or recruit you.
6. Welcomefest will get your hopes up for UEA nightlife.
Not every week is like Freshers week. Enjoy it while it lasts.
7. You will begin to figure out the best routes around our concrete maze.
8. You will find yourself in the Sainsbury’s Centre either as an art fan or a Marvel fan.
9. You will make the craziest LCR friends whose names you’ll never know and you won’t ever see after the first week.
10. You will repeat your name, where you’re from and the course you’re taking a hundred times.
11. You will try to walk into Norwich on a social and have to be carried home.
12. You will realise that the inductions are not what uni is actually like.
These fun group activities and talks from alumni are suspiciously fun and inviting.