24 Signs You’ve Been With Your Girlfriend For a Really Long Time
You’ve survived the initial flirting period, the dating period, the honeymoon period, the post-honeymoon and many other periods. Here are the signs that will tell a guy that he’s in a long-term relationship. You know, apart from actually being a guy in a long-term relationship…
1. She brings up conversations about marriage and you don’t even flinch.
2. “That’s the name I want for our child” also does nothing.
3. You are no longer repulsed by her morning breath, and she not ~as~ repulsed by yours.
4. She thinks you might propose to her every time you reach into your pocket for a tissue.
5. You can’t remember if you told her that story before, but you’ll tell it anyway.
6. You’ve lost count of how long you’ve been together, meaning your phone calendar becomes your best friend every anniversary.
7. “You have such a great memory” = timehop.
8. You look at old valentines/anniversary cards for inspiration and find it hard to believe what a romantic you once were.
9. Letting her win at anything is no longer an option (after she beat you that time at mini golf).
10. It doesn’t matter what you say – she knows what you’re thinking.
11. At every wedding or family occasion, people feel the need to remind you that “you’ll be next” as if passing on a death sentence.
12. You have to think twice before buying anything, as you know that ring won’t pay for itself.
13. The days of needing to impress one another are long gone and with it went the gym membership, the six-pack and all self-respect.
14. You have somehow created a set sleeping position that you slot into every night, even if it means enduring a dead arm for 8 hours.
That is, if you’re still in the bed…