15 Things You Moaned About as a Student That Seem Like Nothing Now You’ve Graduated
What were you thinking? 😅
1. Trying to work near irritating people in the library.
At least you could get up and move. If you work near irritating people in an office, there’s nowhere for you to go.
2. Having to pay for printing as soon as your free printing credits run out.
You’ve now realised that graduate life doesn’t come with any free printing credits at all, so really you had it pretty good after all.
3. Needing to meet deadlines that you had ample warning about.
Try meeting deadlines for work that you had basically no warning about whatsoever.
4. Having a ridiculously long reading list.
If only you had the time to read anything these days. 😅
5. The price of all of your textbooks at the start of the year.
Hahaha try paying rent every month.
6. And how much you were spending on rent.
Now you’re paying more in council tax alone. Which is fine. All fine. ☺️
7. Having to get up for one 9am a week.
What you wouldn’t do for a 9am start these days…
8. And only getting three student loan instalments a year.
9. How messy your student house was.
At least you had the excuse of it being a student house. These days you’re just a mess.
10. And how expensive washing your clothes was.
On reflection, £2 to use the campus launderette once in a blue moon (aka, when you’d completely run out of clothes) wasn’t really that bad.
11. Obligatory seminar participation.
It’s the same at work, but your livelihood kind of depends on it.
12. Not finding out your 9am lecture had been cancelled until you got to uni.
Frankly, you’re living for the day this happens at work. 🙏
13. Being set a couple of essays during a month-long holiday.
You were off for a whole month. 😩
14. Struggling to sit through a lecture when you were hungover.
Try getting through an entire day of work hungover.
15. And complaining about how much work you had to do for your degree.
Now you’re juggling a graduate workload and trying to be a responsible adult at the same time.