16 Times You Realised You Weren’t Adult Enough For University
Sometimes you just don’t take to independent student life as easily as you thought you would.
1. When your parents left you for the first time and it dawned on you that you had to be independent now.
2. When the novelty of cooking for yourself wore off after pretty much the first meal.
3. And you decided you would honestly rather take your laundry home than just do it yourself.
4. When you hadn’t been at uni that long but had already burned through a huge amount of your student loan.
5. And you started to need afternoon naps to function.
6. When you just couldn’t commit to going to a 9am lecture.
7. And independent research wasn’t really working for you.
8. When you were ill and realised you had no idea how to look after yourself.
9. When you were looking round second year houses and didn’t know which questions to ask.
10. Whenever it came to paying rent or bills.
11. When you overheard your flatmate having sex and actually couldn’t deal with it.
12. When you knew how much work you had to do but couldn’t bring yourself to start it.
13. And when you did start working but allowed yourself to take a break after writing one sentence.
14. At the beginning of third year when you realised you actually did have to write a dissertation.
15. Whenever it came to thinking about a career.
16. And when you had to accept that real adult life was no longer far away enough for you to ignore.