13 Things University Of York Students Are Tired Of Hearing
Being a student at York is the best, but there are definitely some things you’d rather never hear again. Your friends who don’t go to York just don’t get it…
1. ‘That’s so far from home isn’t it?!’
Actually… our entire transport system is based around fast trains to London, so it doesn’t really matter where you’re from.
2. ‘Anyone fancy a shag?’ – on Yik Yak, EVERY single night.
Students from other unis will never fully understand York Yik Yak after dark…
3. And the same playlist in Kuda. Every week since the beginning of time.
4. ‘How do you cope when York floods?’
We just do. Sort of.
5. ‘Why don’t you start until, like, October?’
Because we have shorter terms, because we’re, like, better than you.
6. ‘You don’t get to pick your own accommodation?!’
We get to make a list of preferences… it’s not thaaaat bad.
7. Fire alarms conveniently timed early in the morning after a night out.
Aaaaaand this is why we leave halls 🙉
8. ‘It must be great getting to graduate in the Minster.’
*Sigh* we don’t. But we get to graduate in Central Hall which looks like a spaceship and that’s…better…?
9. ‘Your campus is really ugly though?’
It’s not *all* horrible ’60s architecture… there’s that one nice building…
10. ‘There are more geese than students right?’
Okay fair we’ll concede that point.
11. Announcement: ‘The library help desk will close…’
Omg just stop. No one uses it and you’re interrupting my nap 💁
12. ‘Are you still cut up about Willow closing?’
Don’t even go there.
13. And the sound of your chance at good grades going up in flames.
Probably because of all that time spent clubbing and napping. Worth it.