15 Disappointments York Uni Students Face On A Regular Basis
Sometimes being a student at York is the best, but a lot of the time it just isn’t fair…
1. Getting to the library super early just to realise everyone else had the same idea.
An hour before you.
2. When there are no good sandwiches left in the library cafe but you’re stranded there working on a deadline.
3. So you have to go ALL the way to Nisa. In the rain. And it’s also a let down.
And don’t even THINK about being a vegetarian 😩😩😩
4. When Nisa reduce the price of Terry’s Chocolate Oranges and you get there too late.
5. Every time you check York seems to be lower in the league tables than when you joined.
Employment prospects are not looking promising. At least we’re good at other things? Like drinking? Sort of?
6. When you go to pick your accommodation and don’t get anything you were looking for.
“So I want self catered, Hes East, ensuite… but yeah I can totally work with living in catered halls and sharing a bathroom on Hes West…” 🙃🙃🙃
7. And realising if you reapply for campus accommodation after first year, you have to sit through the fire safety talk AGAIN.
8. Dragging yourself to the first lecture of the term only to spend an hour being told how to use the VLE and the library.
Bonus disappointment points if this happens to you at 9am. In third year.
9. Getting excited you’ve got loads of notifications, until it turns out they’re all just about club nights…
10. Or from YUSU.
11. Going to a seminar without your best course friend and realising you probably should’ve spoken to other people.
12. Looking forward to Sunday Revs and then being sober by the time you get to the front of the queue.
13. Then waking up hungover in campus accommodation and remembering they’re doing building work.
14. When the ‘Stay and Wait’ service at the health centre really lives up to its name.
So much staying. So much waiting.
15. But most of all, realising that after all these years of complaining, one day you’ll actually have to leave.
“BUT I LOVE IT HERE?!?!” 😭😭😭