10 Things The US Office Taught You About The Working World
If you aren’t already wasting your evenings watching back to back episodes of the US office – then it’s time to start. Right now. What better way to prepare for your new job than lazing about on Netflix watching every office stereotype collated into a hilarious TV show.
Here are a few things you’ll learn about the working world.
1. More often than not, you will be asked to do things that are way out of your pay grade.
2. Prank emails never get old.
3. There is definitely a wrong answer to the interview question “What are your flaws?”
4. You are not the centre of attention and not everyone will care what you got up to at the weekend.
5. There is always someone in the company that doesn’t play by the rules.
6. You will be working with people who are the same generation as your parents, so don’t blame them if they don’t always ‘get it’.
7. Political correctness is a blurred line for some people.
8. You won’t like everyone you work with.
9. There is always someone who reveals way too much information and crosses the boundaries.
10. And no matter how mature you’re supposed to be at work, there will always be someone who can’t resist…
And you thought you needed to act like an adult.