17 Ways You’ll Fail Your Student Loan at University
University is full of triumphs. But when it comes to money, it’s impossible to avoid these mini-breakdowns.
1. Buying a train ticket and it not getting checked.
Could’ve saved £50 there.
2. But getting checked the next time when you “forgot” to buy one.
3. Remembering how much you paid for your gym membership.
Only went twice.
4. Finding out how much your Graduation gown costs.
5. Trying out a non-student bar.
6. Buying course books.
7. Then trying to sell them a year later.
8. Beng told you need to pay half rent over the summer.
Not even allowed to live in it.
9. The exact moment you realise you lost your deposit.
10. Remembering you need to buy a birthday present.
Scented candle every time.
11. When the local shop stopped their alcohol deal.
8 cans for £8, gone forever.
12. Going on a date.
13. Being declined money from your parents.
14. Someone who didn’t go to uni asking about your debt.
15. Spending money on a Summer Ball ticket instead of a train home for the holidays.
16. Being told your rent is going up next year.
17. Arriving at the club after the free entry deadline.
Even student discount doesn’t help.