20 Reasons Why First Year of Uni Was Probably The Best Year of Your Life
If you’re currently in your first year of uni, you better be making the most of it. If you’re not… well, let’s cry together. 😭
1. You got to completely start over.
No one knew about that time you threw up in double English.
2. And had endless opportunities to meet new people and make new friends.
For all you knew, you were about to meet your soulmate at any second.
3. Being in charge of your own life was still exciting rather than an unwanted responsibility.
Remember when making your own meals seemed like a treat? 😅
4. And even if you did something wrong you could just use being a first year as an excuse.
5. It didn’t really matter if you got a low grade for something because it didn’t count towards your degree.
6. And 40% was all you needed to aim for.
7. You got more sleep than you really needed tbh.
8. In fact, sometimes you even wished you had more things to do.
Ha. What were you thinking? 🙂
9. You didn’t have to worry about bills or maintenance.
10. And you still thought living in a student house would be SO much better than halls.
11. You weren’t, at this point, somewhat ashamed of a huge portion of the photos you’d been tagged in on Facebook.
12. And being drunk in a 9am still felt like an achievement, not a horrible mistake.
13. The dissertation was just a tiny blot on a very distant horizon.
14. And you had so many student loan instalments to look forward to.
15. Going out all the time was basically expected of you.
16. And it was totally fine that you had no idea how to be an adult.
Funny, if anything.
17. You were perfectly entitled to not know what you wanted to do with your life.
18. Because everyone just wanted you to have fun and enjoy yourself.
Why don’t they seem to want that anymore? 😩