15 Ways You Know You’re a Vanbrugh Student
Maybe you’re a fresher and just about to become a Vanbrugh student. Maybe you’re moving out of halls or graduating. But no matter what, you’re Vanbrugh for life.
1. You feel strangely drawn to the colour purple.
And feel sorry for all the other colleges who have way worse college colours…
2. You find it hard to imagine the word ‘paradise’ being used in a non-ironic way.
Sorry Vanbrugh Paradise, but whoever thought of that name was definitely having a laugh.
3. You’ve either got some of the best accommodation on campus…
We’re looking at you, Donald Barron/Barbara Scott.
4. Or definitely some of the worst.
Wasn’t Eric Milner supposed to be knocked down, like, ten years ago?
5. You can walk to Nisa in your pyjamas because it’s only a minute away.
6. Hell, you can even go to the library in them – everyone knows you study best in slippers, right?
7. Even though you may have inwardly cringed at the name ‘Duck Norris’ to start with, you are 100% sure he is the best mascot by far.
Although it is a tragedy he doesn’t look like this:
8. You probably know at least one person in the Vanbrugh Voices choir.
And although they insist it’s nothing like Glee, you imagine this every time they go to practice:
9. And another two who study music and play their instrument really loudly ALL NIGHT.
10. You’ve been to V-Bar for Jazz Night, and stayed for the surprisingly well-priced double vodka lemonades.
11. You feel weirdly proud that Vanbrugh has the most college football teams.
Because whilst five separate teams is crazy, at least it’s the most crazy out of all the colleges.
12. You feel like your level of college spirit is the perfect amount…
Because whilst you don’t really care about being in Vanbrugh most of the time, as soon as someone slags it off, it is THE GREATEST COLLEGE EVER.
13. You know all the coolest clubs are based in Vanbrugh, so it’s even easier to join them.
URY, York Vision, Nouse and DramaSoc to name but four.