13 Little Things That Make Every Student’s Day
Let’s face it; not every day is perfect, but there are little things to appreciate in every day. Here are some little things that make student life just that little bit better whenever they happen.
1. Lectures being cancelled
There’s something so satisfying about checking your email before you’ve gotten out of bed and finding that your 9am class has been cancelled. Back to sleep it is, then!
2. Finally hitting your word count goal on an essay
It’s taken days of sitting down, writing ten words, procrastinating for an hour, and repeat, but it’s finally finished. The sense of relief is like no other.
3. Remembering that it’s £1 night when you want to go out
Student nights are the best kind of nights. Who can say no to £1 drinks all night? (Besides your liver, probably).
4. Finding a computer in the packed library
There’s nothing more satisfying than finding a computer that’s empty, and that actually works. Bonus points if you actually get any work done during this particular library visit.
5. Discovering leftover pizza from the night out before
Thanks past-self! That’s dinner for today taken care of.
6. When parents send money over
Ever so occasionally, parents will realise how poor you are and take pity on you, sending you a bit of extra money to spend on sensible things like food or your heating bill. You will inevitably blow it on a night out. But hey, it made your day better.
7. Finding the perfect quote to backup a point you’ve made in your essay, and being able to reference it easily
A problem that befalls the students who write essays and hope that their references back their points up, as opposed to actually shaping their essays around the secondary reading they’re supposed to have done. Which is most students, right? It’s very pleasing to find a quote that sounds like it’ll fit right in with a point you’ve made in your own essay.
8. All your laundry fitting into one washing machine
It’s a rare day when all of your laundry fits into one load. Normally you either have to split it up into two loads (and spend twice as much), or leave a few pairs of socks and undies until next time.
9. Finding the perfect spot in a lecture hall
Whether you’re up for actually paying attention and writing notes, or just need somewhere to hide while you take a power nap without the lecturer noticing, finding that perfect spot in the lecture hall is such a buzz.
10. When a lecturer replies to an email with actual useful advice
Sometimes they ignore you. Other times they send back emails that leave you more confused than when you asked for help in the first place. But sometimes they get it just right.
11. When the internet works at a normal speed
That brief but blissful moment in time when you must be the only person using the internet in student halls, because web pages actually aren’t taking five minutes to load like they usually do.
12. Every time someone else does the washing up
That pile of washing up that’s been sitting there for the past few days? It’s gone. Whether it was the washing up fairies who did it or one your flatmates, you’re eternally grateful.
13. When there’s just enough milk left to serve your needs
And it doesn’t smell too bad, either!
If these could happen every day, that’d be great.