15 Mistakes Every 2016 Fresher Has Probably Already Made
We forgive you, but will you forgive yourself?
1. Rushing your parents out of the door.
At the time, you couldn’t wait for them to leave. But once you’re standing in your room all alone, you’ll feel guilty about practically forcing them out.
2. Sticking with the first person you spoke to in halls for the first two weeks.
They’re weird but at least you’re not alone.
3. Attempting to go to every freshers event on the line-up.
Let’s be honest, half of them are rubbish and nothing like how they’re described. Just give yourself a night off or two next time.
4. Saying you were cool with sharing your alcohol.
“I said share, not have.”
5. Spending a massive chunk of your student loan on drinks within the first few days.
6. Signing up to all those companies and societies at the Freshers’ Fair.
Hello, unwanted emails and texts for the next three years.
7. Thinking you can out-drink a third year.
You can’t. They’ve got an extra two years experience. Give up.
8. Convincing yourself you’re not drunk enough, so drinking even more.
Not your wisest decision.
9. Hooking up with someone from your flat in the first week.
It’s just awkward.
10. Trying to make new friends stinking of alcohol with last night’s make up still on your face.
Hopefully you can come back from this.
11. Only consuming food from a takeaway.
Your jeans feel tighter but who cares right? It’s freshers.
12. Mixing your dark washing with your whites to save money.
Grey better be the in colour, because that’s all you’ve got for the next year.
13. Turning up to have your student card photo taken hungover af.
That piece of plastic is yours for at least three years. Yikes.
14. Losing your new friends on a night out.
And you are yet to get his or her phone number so you walk around aimlessly till you see someone remotely familiar.
15. And getting used to napping at every opportunity.
That’s it, sleeping pattern ruined for the next three years.