17 Signs You Went To University, Not ‘UNAYYY’
Some people called you boring. But you were just there to learn.
1. You were actually excited for your first lecture.
2. And you had a pretty good understanding of what the syllabus was all about it.
3. You attended EVERY seminar regardless of what time you went to bed.
4. It made you weirdly angry when someone else hadn’t done the seminar reading.
5. And you were very protective when people wanted to copy your notes.
6. This was you most days.
7. You knew when your tutor’s office hours were and saw them regularly.
8. Essay deadlines were a guideline not a finish time, and you frequently completed your work days or weeks before.
9. Which made your friends pretty much hate you.
10. The library was your home all year round, not just in exam week.
11. You have a spot in the library you call yours and cannot cope if someone else is sat there.
12. You never had a library fine. To you they were just a myth.
13. You budgeted your loan so you could feast like royalty daily – you didn’t live the pot noodle life.
14. People came to you for life advice like you were some kind of parent.
15. Sometimes you worried you weren’t “doing uni” right.
16. But you did it your way.
17. And felt much more prepared about becoming a graduate because of it.