14 Things You’ll Only Understand If You Live With Friends
Living with friends is an amazing experience, and before you enter that new household you know it will be filled with parties, good times and a lot of laughing.
But there are things that happen when living together that cannot be avoided and let’s face it, it ain’t no picnic.
1. The awkward first weeks when no one buys anything communal.
So, err… we don’t have any forks.
2. The bathroom is perpetually occupied.
Just don’t walk in…
3. A blocked toilet results in a Mexican standoff as no one admits to it or offers to fix it.
4. Eating together makes a lot of sense…
5. But more often than not you’ll cook and eat alone.
6. You’ll go days, weeks, months without cleaning.
But at least it’s amusing when you finally decide it’s time to tidy.
7. Tableware and utensils mysteriously vanish.
8. There is nothing more awkward than being in the middle of two flatmates arguing.
9. There is no noise agreement, no matter the time.
Who gives a crap if your flatmate has to work tomorrow at 7am tomorrow, they probably did it to you last week.
10. Talk of bills and rent is avoided until absolutely necessary.
11. You have an unwritten rule not to speak to each other in the morning.
Too. Early. No. Speaking.