22 Bad Habits You’ll Inevitably Pick Up at University
Once you’ve settled into university life, you start to develop a few questionable lifestyle choices.
1. Napping during the day. Every day.
2. Thinking you can make it to a 9am after only getting in at 4am.
3. Trying to cure your hangover by going out drinking again.
4. Ignoring the washing up until you have literally nothing clean left to eat with.
Even then, you’ll just improvise.
5. Always assuming someone else will put the bins out.
But they never do, so you then have to cram 2 weeks worth of rubbish into an already full bin.
6. Eating leftover pizza for every meal of the day all the damn time.
7. Aiming to do a weekly shop and buying nothing but alcohol and something to cure your hangover.
8. Starting a new Netflix series even though you need to be revising.
9. Thinking that simply going to the library counts as doing work.
When all you really did was sit on your phone complaining about everyone else in there.
10. Making revision so much harder by never organising your notes.
Now you’ll never be able to find the ones you need when you need them.
11. Leaving your essays to the very last minute.
12. Complaining about the lack of contact hours but also counting down the minutes until your lecture has finished.
It’s just the way it is.
13. Leaving all your reading until reading week but then reading absolutely nothing.
14. Only referencing the parts of library books that have already been highlighted.
15. Occasionally nodding when the lecturer looks at you to act like you know what they’re talking about.
16. Taking all of your washing home for your mum to do and promising this is the last time.
17. Thinking you can rely on the lecture slides being available on Blackboard so you don’t have to write notes.
18. Deciding not to prepare for your seminar because you can probably just wing it.
You were wrong.
19. Using Wikipedia rather than doing your own research and just hoping it will be reliable.
20. Forever saying you won’t get another Domino’s for a while now.
21. Setting yourself a revision schedule but never sticking to it.
There was no point wasting your time.
22. And promising at the start of every year that you’ll do better this time.
You probably won’t. But good luck any way. 🙈