15 Ways To Spot A Refresher On A Freshers’ Night Out In York
Without sounding too much like David Attenborough… Here are some of the ways to spot a ‘refresher’ during Freshers’ Week this year.
1. Refreshers can be found getting crazy excited to reunite with people they haven’t seen over the summer.
Freshers’ Week is all about friends, old and new. (Awwwww.)
2. They have an encyclopedic knowledge of all the drinks deals and their mate’s drink of choice.
Who said all those nights out in first year were a waste? TO THE BAR!
3. And have come to terms with how the night will pan out…
4. Refreshers are (pretty much) NEVER wearing heels…
York’s cobbled streets are NOT your friend – we have the scars to prove it.
5. And they show no fear when faced with a triple vodka vimto at Lowther.
6. But afterwards, they’re confronted with the realisation that they should be home studying, not queueing to get into Kuda…
Are you saying my grades actually matter this year??
7. Refreshers can be heard giving freshers important advice…
“Listen, you don’t know how lucky you are… look at me, LOOK AT ME, enjoy every second GODDAMMIT!!”
8. Which can often be terrifying to say the least.
9. They can act reeeeaal confident about knowing their way around York, but ask them where Mansion is and it all gets a little hazy…
10. They can always sniff out a cash point on demand though.
11. Refreshers will never pass up an ironic Revs photo when given the opportunity.
12. Even though the lighting won’t stop them looking like extras from The Walking Dead after the third night out in a row.
13. They know to tactfully swerve a local bust-up…
14. There’s no more walking back to halls together; refreshers bravely part ways at the end of the night…
No more drunken walks of solidarity up University Road 🙁
15. And you can almost guarantee you’ll find them at the end of a night, gazing wistfully into the middle distance whispering “Willow…”
“Don’t… I just… I just can’t…”