14 Signs It’s Finally Time To Reconnect With Your Uni Friends
It’s the time of year for giving, receiving and vowing to be better next year. Perhaps it’s also the time for finally reconnecting with your uni friends.
1. You can’t remember the last time you spoke to them properly.
2. Or at least the last time you had a conversation that got past “How are you?”
3. This has happened far too many times now:
4. You’ve started to question how long is too long before that last “How are you?” message becomes invalid and you have to start again.
5. And apologising for not replying sooner to messages is getting really awkward.
6. You only really know what they’re up to because of Facebook and LinkedIn.
7. Which makes you feel like such a stalker when someone asks how they are and you tell them information gleaned only from social media.
8. You occasionally think of something one of them would find funny but you feel too awkward to message them about it after so long.
9. Facebook has started sharing uni memories with you that you didn’t realise happened so long ago.
10. Which you then tag them in saying things like: “WHY ARE YOU ALL SO FAR AWAY NOW?!”
Because blaming geographical distance on the fact that you’ve lost touch since graduation takes the sting out a bit.
11. You regularly look back over your uni photos with them nostalgically.
12. And you’re feeling more and more like you didn’t really make the most of living so close to everyone.
13. While becoming increasingly worried that if you do ever see them again it won’t be the same.
14. Or that it might just be better to live with the good memories you have with them than create disappointing new ones.
But, if you never try you’ll never know!
It’s time. ❤️